I’m excited to get spring off to a great start with three Author events scheduled already where I will have an opportunity to meet readers and other authors — and maybe sell a few books, as well.
Box of Rain should be in print by the end of March, so I will have copies of that, too, at these events.
- There will be 21 authors present, with 4 of them doing children’s readings. Amy Logan, Kathy Elstad, Evelyn Sanders Walker, and Elizabeth Wheeler will be reading for approx. 10-15 min each in the children’s programing room starting at 11:00.
There will also be 3 breakout sessions going on during the day.
- 11:00 – “Taking Recreational Writing to the Next Level” with Jennifer Gulbrandsen
- 12:00 – “What Makes a Good Mystery – Plot, Place, or People” with Patricia Skalka
- 1:00 – “Publishing vs. Self-Publishing? That is the question” with Elizabeth Wheeler and Amy Logan
Fellow local author Tom Schwerbrock will also be attending The Evergreen Library event
- They will also have special sessions:
- 9:30 to 10:30 am Gail Lukasik: From Idea to Book: Five Tips to Get Your Book Written
- 10:45 am to noon: Libby Fischer Hellmann: Self Publishing
- 1-2 p.m.: An Author’s Panel with Lori Rader-Day, Brigid Pasulka, and Rob Shindler
3. Then on Sunday afternoon, June 7, I will again be present at the Chicago Tribune’s Printers Row Fest at the Chicago Writer’s Association tent. More info on that when we get closer to the day.